Monday, July 29, 2013

Texas Forever, For Now

Typical Coach Face
My husband and I recently finished rewatching all five seasons of Friday Night Lights. Good Lord, that show is outstanding. I still cried at, like, every episode and coveted Connie Britton's hair more than ever.

It was also fun because, after living in Austin for about eight months, I recognized a lot of the shoot locations. Like, the Landing Strip where Mindy works and many, many fights occur is one of the first things you see when you drive up the 183 from the airport coming into town. Very fun spotting that baby. And Ray's BBQ is a place I drove by once. I really got around in Austin.

But more than anything, it made me realize I was wrong about something very important. Once, in another blogging life, I wrote a post that strongly insinuated that Matt Saracen is hotter than Tim Riggins. This is obviously ridiculous. Maybe I was wrong because I was, at the time, recovering from a bad break up with a "bad boy" so I wasn't seeing or thinking clearly...or maybe I let Taylor Kitsch's long, flowing locks (something I am not a fan of on men) sway my feelings...but, c'mon, there is no contest.

That said, Coach Taylor is obviously the real heartthrob of the show. I mean, duh.


No comments:

Post a Comment